titleWith Halloween decorations in stores in August and the never-ending obsession over Starbucks’ pumpkin spice lattes, by the time the fall season actually roles around, we’re already 99% in the spirit. The other 1% you’re missing? Integrating autumn into alcoholic beverages. Here are three drinks to cheers with this Thanksgiving weekend and all throughout the fall season.

 

 

The Tipsy Taste Tester

22

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rishu — the price comparison website guy — compares these drinks to the fall season in his weird, but well-worded, thoughts.

 

#1: Freshly Harvested Green Apple Juice

drink3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This sweet vodka cocktail is toned down and spiced up when the cinnamon stick is used as a straw. This mixture of cinnamon paired with the sourness of green apple make for a soothing sip.

 

1 oz. (30 mL) vodka

1 oz. (30 mL) green apple liqueur

Sprite

Apple juice

Apple slice

Cinnamon

Cinnamon stick

 

Wet the rim of a rocks glass with a lemon wedge and dip it in cinnamon. Fill with ice. Pour in vodka and apple liqueur, then fill the glass with half apple juice and half sprite. Stick a cinnamon stick through the star-shaped cutout in the apple slice and use to garnish the cocktail.

 

✔ Rishu’s Tipsy Thoughts:

“From the bosoms of an angel comes this soothing antidote, delivered through a cinnamon straw through cinnamon raw.”

 

 

#2 Spiked Cocoa Maple Tea

drink2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the weather cools down, it’s the perfect time to try new teas … and experimenting how they taste with liquor will add an extra warm kick! This version of spiked tea has a slight woody flavor, mixed with the creaminess of Baileys and chocolate-flavoured tea.

 

1 1/2 tsp (7mL) David’s Tea Cocoa Canela

1 oz. (30 mL) Crown Royal Maple Finished whiskey

1 oz. (30 mL) Baileys Irish Cream

Sugar to taste

Whipped cream

Maple syrup

 

Steep David’s Tea Cocoa Canela in an Irish coffee glass. Once tea is steeped, pour in maple whiskey and Baileys. Add sugar to taste. Top with whipped cream and drizzle maple syrup.

 

✔ Rishu’s Tipsy Thoughts:

“It’s like you’re sitting in a maple sauna; breathing in the alcohol, sipping your sobriety away.”

 

#3: Pumpkin Pie Martini

drink1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even if you don’t like pumpkins, you’ll probably like this; that’s how good it is. A rich creamy texture and chocolatey flavour make the alcohol tasteless in this martini.

 

1 oz. (30mL) vodka

3/4 oz. (22mL) crème de cacao

1 oz. (30 mL) canned pumpkin pie filling

2 oz. (60 mL) half-n-half

1/2 oz. (15mL) vanilla bean simple syrup

2 tbsp (30mL) brown sugar

2 tbsp (30mL) cinnamon

Whipped cream

 

Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar on a plate. Wet the rim of a martini glass with a lemon wedge and dip in the mixture. Fill a cocktail shaker half way with ice and add vodka, crème de cacao, cream, vanilla bean simple syrup and pie filling. Shake until condensation forms on tin and pour into the martini glass. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture on top.

 

✔ Rishu’s Tipsy Thoughts:

“Pumpkins are for throwing, kicking and carving … not for drinking … but give me another one.”

3 Festive Fall Drinks

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge